Automating the settlement process, an end-to-end trust chain is ensured while reducing complexity to implement sustainable elements into your business processes.
Our service invites you to consider CO2 offsetting as a way to accelerate the ecological transition and not as a way to cancel out your footprint. At the moment only (re)forestation projects are able to demonstrate the 4 basic criteria of the Gold Standard.
To qualify as a genuine carbon offset, the reductions achieved by a project need to be ‘additional’ to what would have happened if the project had not been carried out
Fixed contribution for a pooled compliance buffer, which remains untouched even after the crediting period of the project.
Absence of leakage
Each project must define its boundaries, including physical, legal and organizational boundaries.
This is necessary in order to calculate the emissions reductions accurately: all emissions reductions
and increases within the project boundaries must be taken into account.
By purchasing Emission Reductions, you make a contribution to meeting the aims of the Paris Agreement as well as Sustainable Development Goal 13 by financing a direct and quantifiable impact on climate change mitigation that is monitored, verified and certified
As soon as a new CO2 Offset request hits the API Endpoint the following trust chain gets validated.
- Planting partners need to prove a record of past projects/impacts before entering the pre-allocation pool.
- Digital Twin (Identity) per individual asset (tree) exists and has a unique serial number.
- No planned deforesting / end of the contract.
- Partner guarantees minimum 20 years of reforesting in case of damage/fire/flood. Provisions were formed to ensure obligations.
- In terms of orderly accounting, documentation, and bookkeeping, no double spending is possible
- Digital fingerprints ensure an uninterrupted chain from source (asset/tree) via partner to final settlement
- Conservative calculation of CO2eq Offset. (certified offset < 90% actual offset)
- 3xV principle followed. Verification is possible: Onsite visiting location, Online service to validate, Offline using digital fingerprints and signature chain)
As we are working with a number of partners providing a set of independent projects, actual allocation is always done at the time of the request. This might cause intra-day pricing changes.
- Size of project (small size preferred)
- Quantity of available assets (the best fit allocates remaining assets)
- Social impact of partner (like school programme)
- Sustainability factor of planting location